Monday, August 1, 2011

Hexagon vs. Octagon

clic on pic to enlarge
As you all know I LOVE CONTAINERS!!
On the Cricut MB someone made a GORGEOUS container. Link below

http://momandmeplayingwithpaper.blogspot.com/

WOW!! I'm going to try and make that on my gypsy......
ROTFLOL!!!! DUH! STUPID!!! she made a hexagon...thats 6 sides....I made an octagon...LOL thats 8 sides.......OH WELL!!! I like mine BETTER!!!! I didn't weld the sides to the bottom or to the top....That way I can "change it". BRILLIANT!!! Aren't I!!!!!!   It still needs to be tweaked, I'm a profectionist!! but I thought I'd show you what I've done so far.
The octagon shape is from George and Basic shapes cart and the sides on the container and lid are TAGS from Tags, Bags, Boxes and More cart. How EASY is that??!!
I used white cs for my test cuts but they weren't coming out to well on the camera so I'll show my multi color box I was working on.(I decided I didn't like the purple w/green and yellow and there were gaps on the sides..so it's a do over)

BOTTOM:











SIDES:











INSIDE:











Now for the lids (I inked the edges)-

Good











BETTER











BEST!!!!










I know, I know, my box is NOTHING like the link I showed you. She INSPIRED ME though!! and one day...Yes, I'll make a HEXAGON box....I'm just excited that I made a box....it ain't easy!!!! I'm not good with numbers obviously...LOL!!!!  I'll post again with the perfect box...hopefully soon!

1 comment:

  1. Aww that is super cute, Love it !!!7
    Clever you, I too prefer your version :)
    Hugs
    Adele

    ReplyDelete