Sunday, June 24, 2012

Are these "Perfect" pearls????

clic on pic to enlarge
I was youtubing the other day and GOOD GRIEF! I have to try that.........
Try what? making my own pearls, different sizes too... LOL
PRETTY HUH??














YEP! it works and they are PERFECT!! Their perfect cause I used this














Can you say perfect pearls for perfect pearls......ha ha ha ha......

Heres the video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nOxir38Mwq4

Isn't that the HOTTEST thing????
I had to run out and get a HIGH temp glue gun....yes, High temp works better and I only had two pearl powders so I HAD TO get more....ROTFLOL
For me, I can't do anything random, I need a guide. So I made one.....















Now all my hot glue dots will be the same..hopefully..sorta...close enough....he he he
I took the guide and I slipped it under my (oven) nonstick mat which is almost transparent. I started making dots just like in the video. I did one row then dipped my finger in the pearl powder and rubbed it on the dot.( I thought the brush wasted too much powder) repeat - dip rub dip rub until the row is done. then do another row.
This is how it looks


 











OK, when I started popping them off with my fingers, the powder was coming off....uugghh....BUT WAIT!!! I saw on another video that if you put them in the FREEZER for awhile they won't stick to each other it sets the glue.....HEY!! wait a minute what does this have to do with the powder? keep reading.. I'm getting there......so I carefully took my cricut spatula and scraped them off and put them on a piece of cardstock and put them in the freezer for about an hour.  HERES an FYI.....I don't know if it sets the glue but the powders react to moisture...YES!! this is SUPER  when you take your pearls out of the freezer DO NOT TOUCH THEM!!! they're wet.....leave them on the cardstock and let them dry out about another hour or two and VIOLA!! look at those pearls SHINE and the powder is set!!!
Heres a sample of some of my pearls: Sour Apple, Sunflower Sparkle, Blueberry Rasberry and Perfect copper.......oh and I made some plain ones too...















AAAHHHHH LA LA LA....I'm in PEARL heaven!!!!
YOUR WELCOME!! Have some pearly fun!!!


UPDATE (4-25-13)
Questions about my template.
I have a program on my computer "American Greetings" if memory recalls thats what I used. I made a bunch of circles and just resize them. Or I also have this (picture below) I found it at Office Depot in the drafting section. Just trace the size of circles you need.

clic on the pic to enlarge

8 comments:

  1. What a wonderful idea!
    Thanks for sharing all of your tips.
    D

    ReplyDelete
  2. How brilliant! Thanks for telling us how to create such gorgeous pearls.
    Tine (Addie24)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this, I made some flowers the same way, I blogged about it last year, http://thequeenofbling.blogspot.com/2011/10/glue-flowers.html
    Love your template, Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks so much! I found this on Pinterest and can't wait to make them!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the Awesome tips and for helping Me save Money

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are awesome! Would you be willing to share guide?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great idea! Thanks so much for sharing with us ;o)

    ReplyDelete